Construction Technicians build, install, maintain, and repair structures; working on and around a wide variety of electrical, plumbing, heating and ventilation systems. Students in this program receive training in construction and maintenance of structural systems including basic carpentry, concrete, roofing, interiors and exterior finishing, basic electricity and thermal and moisture protection systems. The Construction Technology program provides students with a wide variety of experiences that prepare them for entry-level employment and for apprenticeships in the construction and maintenance trades.
- Strong reading and mathematics skills are essential to achieving top graduation levels and the best paying jobs.
- Physical requirements of the occupation are good vision, hearing, and manual dexterity;
- the ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, and stoop, crawl and walk continuously.
- It also requires being able to work from a ladder at heights up to 30 ft.
- The occupation may also require working outdoors in a variety of weather and climate conditions where physical hazards may exist.
- Students who wear prescription glasses are recommended to have prescription safety glasses.
joists, and roof framing.