- Basic Training (BT) - (5 days) Basic Training is a USCG approved course that nearly all mariners need to enter into the maritime industry. No Sea Service Days required.
- Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC) - (4 days) Proficiency in Survival Craft is a USCG approved course required to obtain an Able Seaman endorsement. BT is the prerequisite. Minimum of 180 Sea Service Days required.
- Able Seaman (AB) - (10 days) Able Seaman is a USCG approved course. Minimum of 180 Sea Service Days required.
- Ratings Forming Part of a Navigational Watch Assessments (RFPNW) - (1 day) Ratings Forming Part of a Navigational Watch is a USCG approved assessment only course that should be taken only after taking the AB course. This course is required to sail in international waters. Minimum of 180 Sea Service Days required.
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD) - (1 day) VPDSD is a USCG approved course required to sail in international waters. No Sea Service Days required.
After successfully completing the above courses the mariner will need to submit all certificates to the USCG for final approval and Merchant Mariner Credentialing. If mariner passes USCG application process the mariner will receive a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) with the domestic rating of AB and will possess the required certifications to sail on international voyages. After receiving these credentials and sailing for one year the mariner will be able to obtain international rating of Able Seafarer Deck.
Below are additional courses that may be required depending on the type of vessel employed on. Please speak with Maritime Admissions Representative about course details and requirements.
Tankship-Dangerous Liquids – (5 day) USCG approved course.
Crowd Management – (1 day) USCG approved course.
Advanced Fire Fighting – (5 day) USCG approved course.