The Alaska Maritime Training Center (AMTC) at AVTEC offers a Marine Vessel Repair and Maintenance training package. This training will support the high demand shore based vessel repair, maintenance, and ship construction industry. Students can enroll in all the training units as a package or pick and choose areas to supplement their foundational knowledge. By completing this training students will possess the basic skills needed to succeed and grow in this industry.
Both programs start in September 2019. For more information or to enroll call Teri Laird at 907-224-6196.
This project is (%) federally funded at $ and (%) non-federally funded at $
15 courses, 17 weeks
- Shipyard Competent Person | 3 DAYS
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue | 2 DAYS
- CPR/First Aid | 1 DAY
- Fall protection/Lockout Tagout | 1 DAY
- Maritime OSHA 10 | 2 DAYS
- Marine Tools and Machine Shop | 5 DAYS
- Marine Carpentry | 10 DAYS
- Pedestal Crane/Rigging | 5 DAYS
- Marine Mechanical Systems | 5 DAYS
- Marine Refrigeration | 10 DAYS
- Marine Electrical | 15 DAYS
- Marine Welding | 5 DAYS
- Employability Skills Training | 3 DAYS
- Marine Diesel | 5 DAYS
- Marine Composites and Coatings | 10 DAYS
This workforce product (Confined Space Entry/Rescue, Shipyard Competent Person and Marine Composites curriculum) was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it. This project is 20% federally funded at $78,000.00 and 80% non-federally funded at $260,000.00.