The Alaska Maritime Training Center (AMTC) at AVTEC offers a Marine Vessel Repair and Maintenance training package. This training will support the high demand shore based vessel repair, maintenance, and ship construction industry. This Students can enroll in all the training units as a package or pick and choose areas to supplement their foundational knowledge. By completing this training students will possess the basic skills needed to succeed and grow in this industry.
This project is 20% federally funded at $78,000.00 and 80% non-federally funded at $260,000.00.
For more information or to enroll call Teri Laird at 907-224-6196.
15 courses, 17 weeks
- Shipyard Competent Person | 3 DAYS
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue | 2 DAYS
- CPR/First Aid | 1 DAY
- Fall protection/Lockout Tagout | 1 DAY
- Maritime OSHA 10 | 2 DAYS
- Marine Tools and Machine Shop | 5 DAYS
- Marine Carpentry | 5 DAYS
- Pedestal Crane - Intermediate Rigging | 5 DAYS
- Marine Mechanical Systems | 5 DAYS
- Marine Refrigeration | 10 DAYS
- Marine Electrical | 15 DAYS
- Marine Welding | 5 DAYS
- Employability Skills Training | 3 DAYS
- Marine Diesel | 5 DAYS
- Marine Composites | 5 DAYS