Requesting Records

Former students and alumni have several options. You can:

  • Pick up a transcript request form from the Student Record's Office (located in the First Lake Building – 809 Second Ave, Seward, AK 99664)
  • Print our Records Request form (See form below)
  • Write a letter

If you write a letter, please include the following:

  • Your name as it was when you attended the Alaska Vocational Technical Center (AVTEC)
  • Your signature
  • Your date of birth or last four digits of your social security number
  • Your dates of attendance
  • The address where you would like your records sent

To submit your request you may:

  • fax your request to (907) 224-4400
  • mail in your request to the address below:

          Office of Student Records
          PO BOX 889
          Seward, AK 99664

  • or scan your request and e-mail it to records@avtec.eduIf a request is sent by e-mail, an attachment of a physically signed document requesting the transcript must be included–"electronic" signatures are not acceptable.

All requests should include some form of contact information (phone number, e-mail address, etc.) in case there are any questions about your request.

You may request either a copy of your certificate and training summary or an official or unofficial transcript. There is a $10 processing fee for either type of record request.

Unofficial transcripts are printed on plain white paper, they do not have the AVTEC embossed seal or the official signature. After you receive your transcript, keep a copy so that you can photocopy it on an as-needed basis.

  • Official transcripts are printed on special transcript paper, which includes the official signature and AVTEC's seal. The transcript is issued in a sealed envelope with the Official signature across the flap. Official transcripts may be sent directly to students, but please note that some places will not accept a transcript as official if the envelope has been opened.

If you need an electronic copy of your transcript, you may request an unofficial copy of your transcript and have it sent to you as a PDF attachment via e-mail. Only unofficial transcripts are available in this manner. If you wish to have your unofficial transcript sent to you electronically, please indicate the appropriate e-mail address when you submit your request.

Please allow up to ten business days for us to process your transcript request. During most of the year, the processing time is faster than ten days, however, at the end of the term, the processing time may take ten days due to heavy volume. The Student Record's Office will make every effort to accommodate urgent requests, however, it is suggested that you take into account the processing and mailing time when making a request.

If you have any questions, you may call the Student Record’s Office at (907) 224-6166.