The AVTEC Senior Year to Career Pathway provides an opportunity for high school students who have completed all of their high school credits but have not received their diploma, a chance to attend AVTEC and start their post secondary training.
To be eligible for Senior Year to Career* at AVTEC, students should complete the following:
Meet AVTEC application requirements:
- Submit a training application (online at www.avtec.edu)
- Pay a $50 application fee (call 1-800-478-5389 to make a payment by phone, or mail a check or money order to PO Box 889, Seward AK 99664)
- Submit a High School Transcript
- Government Issued Picture ID (must be current)
- Complete TABE Academy
In addition to the above requirements, the following will also be required:
- AVTEC Underage Student Agreement for students under 18 years of age (Students will need permission from parents or legal guardians, and ATVEC Program instructor, and AVTEC administration prior to being enrolled; to live on campus students will need permission form the Residence Life Director).
- Student must turn 18 prior to the completion of their training program.
- AVTEC’s FERPA Release of Information for parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- Provide a reference from a school counselor, teacher, or other responsible educator indicating the student’s readiness for enrollment at AVTEC which includes the student’s prior experience, interest, or passion in the topic and chosen program at AVTEC.
- Letter from High School Official indicating the number of credits needed to graduate and plan for the achievement of those credits.
*Some exceptions may apply.
For assistance or more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org