AVTEC has multiple employment opportunities every year for students to earn while they learn. Student employment is a form of financial support while students pursue their education. Hiring student workers can benefit both the school and the students.
Hiring a student provides many advantages to AVTEC, including:
- A cost-effective workforce
- A willingness of student workers to perform a wide variety of tasks, which can free full-time staff for other duties
- Flexibility: student workers can vary the hours they work each week and work non-routine hours
- The ability of student employees to understand the needs and viewpoints of other students, helping student customers feel more comfortable, and letting full-time staff know about issues from the student point of view
- Bringing energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to offer new ideas and perspectives to the workplace
Campus employment offers advantages for students such as:
- Income to support the cost of education
- Invaluable workplace skills, habits, and references
- The convenience of working without leaving campus
Students must be in good standing and remain so for employment to continue. Student-workers do not participate in retirement, accrue leave, receive holiday pay or insurance benefits. There is no probationary period.