The Alaska Vocational Technical Center (AVTEC) is a division of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development (DOLWD) and as a division of state government, we operate like any other division with the added operational functions of a provider of post-secondary workforce training. In addition to adhering to the vision and mission of the State of Alaska administration and the DOLWD REACH values, AVTEC has a vision, mission and set of values that guide the day to day operations.
As a recognized provider of quality workforce training, source of exceptional talent and excellent place to work, the Alaska Vocational Technical Center changes lives by providing opportunities for success.
The Alaska Vocational Technical Center delivers flexible, accessible and affordable workforce training that is responsive to the dynamic needs of business and industry and serves Alaska's diverse communities.
- Professionalism: We promote professionalism by modeling appropriate workplace conduct and ethical behavior.
- Respect: We honor the diversity of students and staff by treating each other with respect.
- Accountability: We are accountable to our stakeholders through a practice of continuous improvement.
- Citizenship: We encourage leadership and citizenship as a workplace role through community engagement.
- Inclusion: We foster a culture of inclusion that invites all voices to speak openly to inspire and empower us to learn from each other and try new things.
AVTEC, as an employer and service provider, complies with Alaska Human Rights Law and federal civil rights laws. Individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations are welcome to contact AVTEC at firstname.lastname@example.org; or (907) 224-3322, or for individuals with hearing impairments via Alaska Relay at 711 or (800) 770-8973.