There is housing available and provided by AVTEC. Admissions will provide applications for housing. AVTEC offers residence hall housing as well as apartments for students bringing children or dependents with them to Seward.
Willard E. Dunham and Fourth Avenue Residence Halls
AVTEC maintains two residence halls for students. All accommodations in the residence hall are single-occupancy suites where two students have private bedrooms and share a common bathroom. Double occupancy suites are used occasionally.
Students requesting housing in the residence halls need to complete an application and contract form, available from admission, prior to arrival for training. Room assignments are made at the discretion of the Residence Life staff, and students are encouraged to list housing or suitemate preferences on their housing application. There are no co-ed suites.
RESIDENCE HALL GUIDELINES:
- The minimum age to reside in AVTEC Residence Halls is 18 years old. (exceptions made on a case-by-case basis)
- Students who need accommodations for special needs should document them on the housing application.
- Pets are not permitted anywhere on the AVTEC campus.
- Cooking devices (hot plates, slow cookers, microwaves, etc.) are not permitted in residence hall rooms.
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited and violations are enforced up to and including dismissal from training and/or eviction from all housing.
- Tobacco use is allowed in designated areas only.
- Non-resident overnight guests are not permitted.
- Hazardous materials, firearms or knives with a blade longer than 3 1/2 inches are not allowed in the residence halls.
- The main entrance to each residence hall is accessible 24 hours a day while training programs are in session.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. and are strictly enforced.
Each residence hall bedroom is furnished with a standard twin-size bed, desk, dresser, mini-refrigerator and closet. Students are responsible for providing their own bedding and towels.
Free laundry facilities are provided for students living in the residence halls, although students must bring their own laundry supplies. Shared microwave ovens are provided for resident use in common areas.
AVTEC maintains a variety of one, two and four-bedroom family student housing apartments for students and their families. All occupants of family student apartments must be engaged in a full-time activity (AVTEC training, distance education, employment for pay or as a volunteer, child care, etc.). Family student apartments are fully furnished with living room and bedroom furniture as well as a full kitchen. Family housing residents are responsible for providing their own bedding, towels, utensils, dishes and personal items.
Applications for family apartments are available at the Willard E. Dunham Residence Hall office. For more information call the office at (907) 224-6100.