Group Tour Reservation Information
Thank you for your interest in touring AVTEC as a group. While we are excited to be opening up for tours this fall, we will only be offering a few opportunities for groups. We will continue to evaluate how the process goes and hope to offer more opportunities in the spring. Here is a brief overview of what you should expect the reservation process to be, what will be on the tour, and some guidelines.
In order to reserve a tour please contact AVTEC Admissions at [email protected] or (907) 224-3322. When you contact admissions they will go over available dates and times and send you a reservations sheet. Please be aware that all tours will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis, by the date that we receive your reservation sheet. We will then send you a confirmation email letting you know the status of your reservation and any information you will need.
The tours themselves will be about 1 ½ hours long and will begin at the Student Services Building located at 519 Fourth Ave. The tours will begin with a brief presentation and then we will visit the dorms, cafeteria and student services areas. You may also choose 1 training area to tour. Areas available will depend on the size of your tour group (be aware we will not split groups).
- Groups with 10 or less students can choose from: Business & Office Tech, Construction Tech, Culinary Arts, Diesel/Heavy Tech, Industrial Electricity, Information Technology, Plumbing & Heating or Refrigeration.
- Groups with 11-24 students can choose from: Construction Tech, Diesel/Heavy Tech or Industrial Electricity.
- Groups with 25 or more students will not be allowed to tour the training area for safety reasons.
Please note the following:
- No meals will be provided by AVTEC during the tour.
- Dormitories are not available for rent.
- Tours are a great way to share AVTEC with prospective students. However, please remind participants that while on campus they should be considerate of the students and staff that are currently training.